Friday, October 17, 2014

#Twitter #Tweet #Retweet #PR

Hey Curtin, What’s the craze with twitter?
Isn’t that the question almost all students of mass comm. asked themselves? First year, first semester, first journalism class, we were all asked to create a twitter account if we didn’t have one. But why?
Throughout these 3 years of tertiary study, I think I used twitter for many presentations. Why?
What about the love of my life: PR? Why do PR practitioners use twitter?

Wait a sec, why am I publishing a post entirely on Twitter?

Tweet… tweet… retweet… It’s a drug!
Did you notice how people tweet quickly? Leave your twitter for 5min and when you come you have 50 new tweets. This is exactly why professional uses Twitter! But why PR? PR is mainly about reputation; how other see your organisation? How will you know that? Well Twitter is one of the various awesome platforms provided by Web 2.0 and of course what’s the main purpose of Twitter? COMMUNICATION! If people tweet about a particular company with a specific hashtag, it becomes really easy to filter and monitor what is being told about the company. Consequently, we can figure out what kind of reputation the company has.

Throughout this week I posted tweets related to PR and I even had people who marked my tweets as ‘favourite’. Of course, I felt important and it’s an amazing feeling to see there are people in this world who actually are interested by PR. Who wouldn’t be afterall!

My tweets for this week are tweets that according to me would be of great interest to you guys.

Tweets and Retweets
  • What to say and not say during a press conference! It’s stressful, I know! This is exactly why I tweeted that article; for you to have some examples of what you can say and not say.
  • How traditional PR can survive in the Web 2.0! Today, everything is digital and we should know how to keep a balance between traditional and modern so as not to kill the main purpose of traditional PR!
  • The importance of PR! We live in a country in which PR is not well-known. This article is about what will happen if an organisation doesn’t practice PR! Good to know!
  •  Using content distribution to create awareness: an important skill in PR!
  • Interesting one! Will PR and Marketing get married one day? Discuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment